COVID-19 supreme Committee Issues New Decisions
COVID-19 supreme Committee Issues New Decisions15/3/2020
The Supreme Committee entrusted with studying scopes for a mechanism to handle developments resulting from coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic held a meeting today during which it took a number of key decisions.
The meeting, held at the Ministry of Interior, was presided over by Sayyid Hamoud bin Faisal al-Busaidi, Minister of Interior, and attended by top officials as members.
The Committee, which is in constant session, commended the cooperation of all citizens and residents in undertaking precautionary measures to combat coronavirus infection and contamination.
The Committee reviewed the latest developments related to the virus and its spread at the global level and the extent to which it reflects on the local level.
The Committee took the following decisions:
- Ban on entry of all non-Omanis to the Sultanate’s territories via all land, sea and air ports and checkpoints, except citizens of GCC states.
- Imposing quarantine on all passengers arriving in the Sultanate via all land, sea and air ports and checkpoints, including Omanis.
- Closing all parks and public play areas.
- Suspending Friday prayers.
- Stopping all social gatherings like wedding parties and funeral ceremonies.
The decisions take effect from Tuesday, the 17th of March 2020.
The Committee called on all to apply maximum commitment to preventive instructions, both at individual and groups levels.
The Committee’s decisions and recommendations come within the context of its great keenness to safeguard the health and safety of individuals and to limit the spread of the virus in the local society.