Supreme Committee Issues New Decisions on COVID-19
The Supreme Committee formed to tackle Covid-19 has directed government agencies to reduce the number of employees present in workplaces in government sector to not more than 30% of the total number of employees, while the rest of the employees can work from home as determined by the authority in which the employee works.
On Sunday, the committee issued the following decisions:
1. Government agencies must reduce the number of employees in workplaces to not more than 30% to complete the necessary work, while the rest of the employees can work remotely (from home) as determined by the authority.”
2. All exchange houses must be closed. The banks should provide exchange services.
3. Prevent gatherings of all kinds in public places, and take appropriate measures against violators.
4. Stop the printing of newspapers, magazines and publications of all kinds and preventing their circulation, and preventing the sale and circulation of newspapers, magazines and publications issued outside the Sultanate.
5. The Supreme Committee has urged the private sector companies to introduce “work from home” mechanism and reduce employees in workplaces to combat the spread of coronavirus in the country.
6. The committee also urged commercial institutions and individuals to limit dealing in banknotes and to use electronic payment as a substitute for this, given the seriousness of banknotes regarding the spread of the virus among society.